Double Chocolate Scones are a Scone Goddess top seller. A delicious dark chocolate scone with creamy chocolate chips melted and oozing through the warm tender scone. Sounds good right? Try it hot out of the oven with some ice cream for a delicious dessert. Or, pack one with your coffee for a great start to your day. However you choose to eat it, we promise, it's gonna be yummy! Double Chocolate. Can it get any better?
Funny you ask! We have a real affinity for toasty, crunchy almonds. We make fresh Vanilla Almond Scones, Cherry Almond Scones, and yes, we had to try the Chocolate Almond Scones, too! These were such a hit, it would be a crime not to share how it's done.
Heavy Cream Confectioners Sugar
Almond Paste Vanilla Extract
Sliced Almonds Parchment Paper
Preheat your oven to 350*
1. Grab a Scone Goddess Gluten Free or Original Double Chocolate Chip Scone Mix. #Justaddcream! Seriously, pour the cream into a bowl with the mix. The gluten free mix can be stirred, but, the original mix requires that the cream gets gently folded in until moist.
2. On a piece of parchment paper, flatten the dough into a rectangle. It should be about 1/2 inch thick, 4 inches wide and 8 inches long.
3. Here is the secret!! Almond paste. We really like SOLO Pure Almond Paste. *Note that it is Gluten Free!
Cut the paste into thin slices and place them on your dough.
4. Now, fold 1/3 of your dough to the center. Then fold the other piece over the top of the first fold. (Layers of almond! Mmmmmmmmm)
5. Slightly flatten the roll of dough, then cut in half. Cut each half again. Now cut the fourths into two equal triangles. (You should have 8 triangles.)
6. Place the triangles spaced apart on a lined baking sheet and get those lovelies in the oven!
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
8. WHILE THEY BAKE- put some sliced almonds in the oven to toast. Watch them! It only takes about 5 minutes to get a nice color on them.
9. Make your glaze. Use 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract and 1TBS +/- cold water.
10. Pull those gorgeous scones out of the oven and put them on a cooling rack. Immediately put glaze, then almonds on 1 scone at a time. Glaze, almonds, drizzle of glaze. On to the next scone: Glaze, almonds, drizzle of glaze. You got it!
Last step- Do NOT call your friends! These scones are the number one persuasion tactic in your arsenal. Got a "HoneyDoList" for your partner? Let 'em get a whiff of these babies! Kids not cleaning their rooms? Watch how fast they comply when they see you licking warm melty chocolate off your fingers.
*Please use these scones responsibly. :)
Look at the ribbons of almond paste!
You can not have too many almonds. :)